Here are some of my favorite lessons:
1. Get outdoors and appreciate nature - it can be a spiritual experience
2. Find joy in the little things
“After all," Anne had said to Marilla once, "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
3. Have some gumption.
“Anyone who has gumption knows what it is, and anyone who hasn’t can never know what it is. So there is no need of defining it.”
4. When you’ve behaved badly, always apologize sincerely."I apologized pretty well, didn't I?" she said proudly as they went down the lane. "I thought since I had to do it I might as well do it thoroughly."
5. Keep your soul open and alert for “kindred spirits”
|“Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.”|
6. If today was a bad day, at least there's always tomorrow
“Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it...well with no mistakes in it yet.”
7. Try to arrange your love life so that your hardest choice is between marrying a handsome and adoring millionaire or a handsome and adoring doctor.
|Boy-Next-Door Doctor or Romantic Millionaire? How's a girl to choose?|